Are you on the lookout for a refreshing escapade on route from Johannesburg to Durban, far from the hustle and bustle of the city?
Look no further than Thanda Tau, the Tourism & Lifestyle Centre. Nestled in the heart of the Eastern Free State, it’s the perfect location for a rejuvenating staycation or an invigorating stopover for both local and international tourists. Conveniently located off the N3 highway, there’s no excuse not to come and explore!
Imagine the tranquillity of the South African grasslands combined with the excitement of wildlife safaris, fine dining, and luxurious accommodation. Thanda Tau offers all of this, and more. This unique rest stop is fast becoming a favourite destination for those seeking a blend of adventure and serenity.
But what makes Thanda Tau so special? Here’s a glimpse into what awaits you:
- Luxurious four-star chalets that combine comfort, style, and a taste of the local culture.
- Wildlife tours to blow you away, with opportunities to view and learn about endangered African animals or ride through the picturesque veld on horse- back amongst the free-roaming bok.
- Dining options from our Lion’s Share Restaurant, Chop Shop Deli or Café Tau & Pizzeria that cater to all taste buds. Plus, our Upper Crust Bakery which serves indulgent homemade treats.
- A shopper’s oasis in The Den Curio Shop featuring products from gifts and souvenirs to home decor and kitchenware.
- The De Jager Brouwerij micro-brewery will satisfy any craft beer fanatics while they join us on a tour of the beer making process followed by a tasting of the craft range brewed by us.
- Tau Cellar wine boutique which stocks a wine collection capable of making any wine aficionados jealous.
- Conference and events facilities perfect for hosting business meetings, team building sessions, weddings, birthdays, or similar functions.
Other facilities onsite include the Sasol N3 East Service Station, hosting the first EV charging station in the Free State as well as a Spur Steak Ranch and OK Express convenience store allowing customers to top up on the essentials!
With expansion on the horizon, customers will soon be able to enjoy an onsite a pool, along with future offerings being introduced including: Muslim prayer facilities, Halaal food offerings, three- bedroom chalets, glamping sites, and a beauty spa. Thanda Tau should be your next staycation destination, offering not just a rest stop, but a full- on experience!”
Book your stay now: