Valentine’s Day is HERE – and you’re feeling FOMO because you’ve run out of time, but don’t worry if you’re on a tight budget or tight schedule. There are still plenty of romantic things you can do with your partner in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, and Durban. Here are some ideas to help you plan a last-minute Valentine’s Day that won’t break the bank.
- Watch the sunset from Signal Hill – this is one of the most romantic spots in Cape Town and it won’t cost you a thing. A romantic golden hour picnic is where it’s at!
- Take a walk on the Sea Point promenade – enjoy the sea breeze and beautiful views of the ocean and reconnect with your partner.
- Explore the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – open until 19:30 – Normal entry fees apply.
- Have a picnic in Green Point Park – bring a blanket and a picnic basket and enjoy a romantic meal in the park for two!
- Visit the Company’s Garden – take a stroll through this historic park and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Visit the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens – enjoy a picnic and a hike in this beautiful setting.
- Take a walk through the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens – Please contact them ahead of time.
- Go on a self-guided walking tour of the city – there are many interesting historical buildings and monuments to see.
- Explore the rooftop garden at the 44 Stanley complex – enjoy beautiful views of the city and a drink at the bar (Check their social media for a last minute list of things to do at 44 Stanley Complex)
- Take a walk through the Pretoria National Botanical Garden – Contact them here http://www.sanbi.org/gardens/pretoria
- Visit the Union Buildings – take a tour and enjoy the beautiful views of the city.
- Have a picnic in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve – this nature reserve is a beautiful and affordable spot for a romantic picnic. Contact them here to find out more: 012 358 1757
- Explore the Pretoria Art Museum – https://pretoriaartmuseum.wordpress.com
- Visit the Free State National Botanical Garden – take a walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Take a self-guided walking tour of the city – there are many historical buildings to see.
- Visit the Franklin Nature Reserve – this is a great spot for a romantic picnic or a hike.
- Take a walk through the Bloemfontein Zoo – entrance is affordable and you can enjoy the animals and the beautiful gardens.
- Take a walk along the Golden Mile – enjoy the sea breeze and beautiful views of the ocean.
- Visit the Durban Botanical Gardens – https://durbanbotanicgardens.org.za
- Explore the Umgeni River Bird Park – this is a great spot for a romantic walk and bird watching.
- Take a romantic stroll through the Japanese Gardens at the Durban Botanic Gardens – entrance is free – Tinsley Road, Durban North, Durban, KwaZulu Natal.